I am a nurse. Being a nurse is so many things. Being a nurse can be hard, it truly is downright disgusting at times as well as incredibly frustrating. There are absolutely days that I am jealous of my friends who stay at home with there babes and don't struggle with the work and life balance act.
But there are also some days in between the tiring, exhausting, and sad days that make it all the work well worth it. Those are the days that I walk out of work at 7am with a little bounce in my step. The other day, I know I made a difference in someone's life. I know that because of me, change has been put into motion. Sometimes the greatest gift that being a nurse has given me is a little bit of perspective. Yes, perspective is hard when your are a Mom. We are all striving to be the best Mommas possible. From nap times to sign language to breast feeding and preschool, we are all just trying to figure it all out. My work helps to remind me to give myself a break and say that I am doing the best job possible. Being a nurse and seeing people at their most difficult hour can make my worries seem so small and remind me that the greatest gift of all is our health.
Spot on Lara! There is so much about this little paragraph resonates with me to my core. I feel blessed that our paths crossed back in the fergie days and that I am able to call you my friend. I wish you a New Year filled with love, HEALTH and prosperity! Love You Lady :) ~Steph
ReplyDelete