Or The Kess Mess depending on the day

The chronicles of a green eyed girl and a brown eyed guy who live in California.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Get your minute

Being a mother is hard. Recently a couple of my friends have had their first babies and it has brought me back to Lucy's first days home and how wonderful but HARD it was. We thought Lucy was such a good baby in the hospital because she was all zonked out from her journey exiting the womb. But when we got her home, she made a habit of screaming for three plus hours every night while we paced the dark halls of our home. I remember breaking down to Mike one day because I admitted that I kept calling Lucy by another friend's baby's name and wondering if we chose the wrong name and why I couldn't remember my own baby's name. I remember how Mike and I would get into bed and want to discuss our day with each other but instead we would just say, "Get your minute of sleep." Yes at that time, we were getting minutes of sleep at a time. So funny now but the reality was not so funny.
A year later, I can't believe all those little minutes are gone and our little baby girl is a one year old. She has opinions. Crazy, right! Opinons from a one year old! Ha. She loves the swing at the park and pouts when I put her in her stroller to go home, she is yet to meet a food that she doesn't like her most recent favorite being dill pickles, she loves bath time and demands at least one read of "Bath Time" by Sandra Boyton, and she is always moving- on a rare occasion she will stay still for a few minutes for you to cuddle her up and sometimes I wonder if she loves Nana more that Momma because she throws her whole body in Nana's arms at the first sight of her. Our happy girl brings us so much joy we feel so blessed to be able to watch her grow every day.

1 comment:

  1. Well, except cupcakes, right? I always feel that "in theory" it shouldn't be hard, but goodness gracious it's so exhausting! We love you Sweet Girl. :)

    ReplyDelete