So, we decided to find out the gender of our little bun in the oven. I wasn't really sure I wanted to find out but Mike REALLY wanted to find out. So, we had heard about a gender reveal cake. Have you heard of this? Well, what you do is you ask the ultrasound technician to write the baby's gender on a note card in a sealed envelope. Then, you deliver the card to a bakery who makes a cake withe either pink or blue frosting on the inside. We decided to have a "cocktail party" for friends and unveil our cake. I was too nervous that they wouldn't be able to determine the gender on ultrasounds to tell people that we were going to spill the news, so the guests were all surprised when they arrived and saw our cake.
It says, "He or She, Open to see." I truthfully thought this would be a little cheesy, but I have to admit it was really fun and everyone at the party really got into it and was cheering to see the results.
Here we are before the cake was cut.
I look pretty ridiculous here but I guess I was just really surprised!
Its a BOY! I think we were both surprised and Lucy well, as you can see she didn't really care what color the frosting was she just wanted to eat it!
Yay for boys!! We can't wait to meet him. Xo
ReplyDeleteOh!! Congrats! Boys are super fun!
ReplyDelete