Or The Kess Mess depending on the day

The chronicles of a green eyed girl and a brown eyed guy who live in California.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I'm back!




Okay so I have been a little busy for the past say 4.5 months. Our little overcooked bun finally came out 18 hours before her scheduled induction (a procrastinator like her Dada). Lucy Carolina Kessler was born June 23, 2011 at 3:13pm. She has taken our breath away along with most of our sleep and spare time! Kidding... kind of. Well, being a parent is definitely an adjustment. The first few weeks every night Mike and I would say to eachother before going to bed to "get your minute" of sleep. In the morning we would report to each other just how many minutes we got. Usually it was somewhere around 15. Luckily those days are behind us and Lucy is sleeping more. She takes three naps a day and sleeps a 6 or 7 hour chunk most nights. Mike was lucky enough to stay home with us until his NEW!!!! job started the beginning of September. It was such a blessing to have him home during this transition- I really couldn't imagine doing it by myself.

As the long summer days have turned to crisp fall days, the looming day that I go back to work is on my mind. I am so thankful to be able to take 6 months off and I know that I am SO lucky. But it is definitely going to be a transition for us. I started school in September- although it is only one day a week, each Thursday I come home from school and say, " Yay! I don't have to go for another week!!!"

This November, I feel I have so many things to be thankful for. I am truly one blessed woman.

3 comments:

  1. I count down the weeks left in the semester starting from the first week! I think I care more about it now, than when I was actually a student. :) Love you all, and I seriously can't wait till we are only an hour apart. Here's to dinner parties and playdates! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy is so dang cute!! I miss you friend and wish we lived closer! When do you have to go back to work :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you blogged again! Thanks for the update and I love the pictures of your little pumpkin. What a beautiful family Lara, Mike, and Lucy! Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete