Or The Kess Mess depending on the day

The chronicles of a green eyed girl and a brown eyed guy who live in California.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

WALLS!!!!!!!!!







Hello all. It is official. We have walls. This is pretty fantastic, huh? They started the sheet rock last Monday and finished texturing yesterday- so a total of seven days of work and the drywall is done! Tomorrow my mom and I begin the daunting task of priming the whole house... then we begin painting.

We just spent about half an hour receiving the Painting 101 from the good old Doc Werschky and gathering supplies out of our garage- because most people have a full set of painting supplies in their garage, right? Man I wish I took some notes and had some quotes. I did stump my Dad with my one question, "What should I wear when I paint?" (Lets just say he wasn't thrilled by my inquisitiveness.) I'll let you all know how it goes. Wish us luck.

The pics are of: Our new front porch, slider (with walls), the future kitchen (with walls), the fireplace (with walls), truck (no.2 of 2) full of flooring which we picked up today, and my hot bodied husband ironing his police academy uniform.

2 comments:

  1. Painting party! I wish we lived closer, I would totally help. I'm a pro at priming. I can't wait to hear how Mike's academy is going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what I like more: Mike's Police Academy haircut or the fact that he is ironing. Bwahahaha

    ReplyDelete