I heard at a party about this gardening system called Earth Box that grows veggies and flowers to produce tons of crops. I figured I needed a project this Spring so I put on my work jeans and baseball cap and headed down to the local Sloat Gardening Center to check out the products. The Earth Box looked easy enough- had all the pieces in the kit except the seeds and soil- so I bought the kit and headed to our future backyard which has plenty of sunlight.
I planted corn, cucumbers, tomatoes, basil, and green beans. Here are some pics...(I actually planted the garden the end of May.) And I just took some recent pics yesterday so you can see my total success as a farmer. I am pretty happy so far.
I love the Earth Box! Awesome pics and the house is looking great! Miss you and hope we can catch up soon!
ReplyDeleteNo way! Lara can't grow vegetables.
ReplyDeleteThat is too cool; good for you. Wendell does something similar called the square foot garden which uses 4 by 4 raised garden boxes and a soil mixture of vermiculite, peat moss and compost. Do you know what your soil mix is?
Be sure and send pictures of you guys eating the corn on the cob!
That looks fantastic! I love home grown green beans. :) I'm a little confused at what the Earth Box has if it doesn't have the seeds and soil? Remember when we planted strawberries?
ReplyDelete