Or The Kess Mess depending on the day

The chronicles of a green eyed girl and a brown eyed guy who live in California.

Monday, May 3, 2010

2nd Pizza Adventure



I know all of you have been sitting on the edge of your seats in anticipation for our next pizza review-- the wait is over I have finally sat down to blog about our next pizza devouring session.

This time we invited our good friend Courtney Tarantino to come along-- her italian last name makes her our italian pizza expert judge. We walked from Court's place to the north beach area of SF to find our next pizza place which actually was not more than 3 blocks from our last reviewed restaurant. By the time we arrived at Pulcinella (641 Vallejo Street) we were famished. We were greeted by a very friendly italian looking gentleman with an authentic italian accent, were seated immediately and ordered a nice bottle of chianti with the appetizer of fried with pancetta and mozzarella. We also ordered the margharita pizza and the 'North Beach' pizza with eggplant, zucchini and basil.
As we waited for our food and munched on the melt-in-your mouth delicious bread and yummy appetizer (I did subtract 1/2 star for the appetizer being a little too bready for me- Mike and Court did not agree so I will subtract 1/4 star to be fair) we noted the ambiance. It was teriffic- Sunset magazine was not joking about the Bay of Naples mural on the wall or the small band that played italian music as we chatted. The restaurant also played a silent black and white movie on the wall behind the band. It felt very comfortable and welcoming-- 5 stars for ambiance.
The food arrived and we were not dissappointed. The margherita pizza was phenomenal- thin crust with delicious fresh mozzarella and just enough basil and the eggplant/zucchini pizza we ordered that we all admitted we weren't so sure about ended up being fantastic as well. It was really light and the eggplant was very delicious- not slimy at all!
The big decision remained... which dessert do we choose? We ended up going with the profiteroles and they were amazing- chocolaty and nutty with a orange filling. I wasn't expecting a citrus filling but we all agreed that it was perfect.
Overall, I will give Pulcinella 4.75 stars-- minus one star for the appetizer. We all had a fantastic time and we loved having Court with us. Too bad I waited so long to write this I know I had some great quotes to share :) Here are some pics. Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and I WAS sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for another post!

    ReplyDelete