Or The Kess Mess depending on the day

The chronicles of a green eyed girl and a brown eyed guy who live in California.

Friday, February 5, 2010

No Longer the Crooked House




Well, the good news is that our house is no longer crooked. The foundation was fixed a couple weeks ago. (I guess I am a slacker blogger.) After the floors became level, Mike and my dad have been entrenched in demolition. In my mind demo is all about taking the sledge hammer and getting some true aggression out really tearing things apart. Turns out... not so much. My Dad is so funny because he is so anti this whole "green" revolution of re-using products and using "sustainable" items he thinks it is a "bunch of crazy liberal @#%$&**$" (can you swear on a blog?). Turns out, I am pretty certain he could win a national award for being the most green builder/contractor/demolition guy around. He is saving everything... from the cedar wood in the closets to the faucets in the bathrooms. So demo has not gone quite as Mike and I thought it would. It is more like a calculated and careful demo. Here are some new pics.

2 comments:

  1. We can see you're really working on creating a feel for space. Everything feels so open. That's green isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good writer Lara! I want to pick up a hammer now, you've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete