Or The Kess Mess depending on the day

The chronicles of a green eyed girl and a brown eyed guy who live in California.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Potential, Potential, Potential.




We recently started a big project of remodeling an old house. We pretty much have no clue what we are getting ourselves into so the next 6-9 months should be pretty interesting. First of all let me begin with the fact that we were planning on starting this project in February which got pushed up instantly because the renters suddenly deciding to move out. Being the procrastinator that I am, lets just say lots of work is to be done.

This house has been rented out for over forty years (that was not a typo, I did say FORTY years) so it is in great need of a total home makeover.I'm still waiting for Ty Pennington to arrive. If you look closely at the photos, the floors have about a foot drop from one side of the house to the other side. The sinking foundation has caused the windows to tilt so that each corner of each window does not close. I keep saying as I walk around this dump, "Wow this place has huge potential!" Don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of the old nursery rhyme:
    There was a crooked man and he walked a crooked mile,
    He found a crooked sixpence upon a crooked stile.
    He bought a crooked cat, which caught a crooked mouse.
    And they all lived together in a little crooked house

    ReplyDelete