
On my third day of maternity leave and still pregnant I'm realizing how wonderful these days are. Waking up next to my cutie pie husband and just lying in bed talking, leisurely fantastically delicious breakfasts, long walks together hand in hand and trips to the gym, lazy couch naps in the afternoon,reading a book for FUN and dancing around the kitchen to our country favorites. These are the days where we talk about our baby coming and what he or she will look like and how fun it will be when our little "chick" arrives.
With the whirlwind of the past nine months including starting and ending my first year of masters program at UC and working, I had big plans for this maternity time. The June weather I pictured when I started maternity leave included sunscreen, beach weather with trips to the beach and wine country. But here, it is January in June complete with thunderstorms and downpours resulting in two ultimate couch potatoes!
The things that people complain about during pregnancy like getting up to pee every hour and a half and excruciating heart burn have fantastic perks like the afternoon nap and eating ice cream for its calcium! Ha. We are so happy and enjoying every second together awaiting our little bundle of joy.
Big plans today: prenatal work out class, a little lunch, pedicure and hoping to fit in a movie. Don't know if we'll have time!
You are beyond adorable, and I love your cheerful and happy spirit! Keep it going. I can't wait for your little chick to arrive. Enjoy this precious time together. xoxo.
ReplyDeleteCan't believe baby is almost here! How long will you get to take off from work for maternity leave? Love you!
ReplyDelete