Or The Kess Mess depending on the day

The chronicles of a green eyed girl and a brown eyed guy who live in California.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Indian Cooking Class!

Everyone has been telling Mike and I that we need to get out as much as possible because things are going to change once the baby arrives. So, we decided to do something we normally wouldn't do and take an Indian Cooking class- we love Indian food and it is not something that we would typically make. It pretty much sounds like we won't be leaving our house for for the remainder of 2011 and most of 2112 so we are getting out!
We made the trip into Sur la Table in the city for a fantastic night of cooking.








We made: Coconut-Spring Curry with Cashews, Grilled Chicken Masala with Mango-Mint Chutney, Lemon-Cucumber Raita, Cumin-Scented Basmati Rice, and Cardamom-Vanilla Custard with Ginger-Grilled Pineapple. Mike and I were in charge of the Raita and we managed to mess it up-- turns out you are supposed to READ the directions. Oooops! Pregnancy brain, right???
We managed to fix our errors without getting kicked out of class! Everything we made was delicious. Looks like I'm having fun, huh!!

2 comments:

  1. An Indian food class sounds so awesome and delicious! You look great too by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute! Looks like such fun, and now I know what you'll make next time I'm up. Wait, then you'll have a baby, so maybe a few times after that. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete